LTE Firmware Requirements
Firmware Requirements for LTE Cell Radios
2GIG‐LTEV‐A‐GC2 – Alarm.com Verizon 4G LTE Cell Radio for GC2
The 2GIG-LTEV-A-GC2 4G LTE cell module requires FW v1.17 or newer to be installed on GC2 to work correctly. To update firmware on the GC2 panel, do the following:
- Order the 2GIG-UPDV: Easy Updater for GC2 Panel.
- Download 1.17 or newer from dealer.2gig.com
- Follow the instructions provided with the update tool to update the firmware on your GC2 panel.
2GIG‐LTEV‐A‐GC3 – Alarm.com Verizon 4G LTE Cell Radio for GC3
The 2GIG-LTEV-A-GC3 4G LTE cell module requires FW v3.0.2 or newer to be installed on GC3 to work correctly. To update firmware on the GC3 panel, do the following:
- Download the firmware update (v3.0.2 or newer) file from dealer.2gig.com.
- Save the firmware file to the root directory of a USB flash drive. Note: The USB flash drive must have only one partition.
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the top of the GC3 panel.
- Panel will display a notice that there is a new firmware to install. Select Update.
- Enter the Installer code or Master code.
- The GC3 will install the update and restart.
NOTE: Optionally, alarm.com could be used to send out an OTA to update your panel. Charges may apply. If you have any questions or comments, call 2GIG technical support at 1-855-2GIG-TECH