The Model AK-21 Interior Digital Keypad is a digital keyless entry system designed for access control applications. The keypad is housed in a rugged, plastic enclosure and is designed to be mounted in a standard single-gang electrical box. The die-cast keys have bright, easy-to-read yellow graphics.
The Model AK-21 is supplied with four different plastic snap-on mounting bezels to customize the look of the keypad. The satin-chrome bezel comes factory installed on the keypad. The white, ivory & bronze bezels are packaged separately.
Up to 480 entry codes, from 1 to 6 digits in length, can be programmed. They can activate either, or both, of the relay outputs. Relay #1 has a 5 Amp capacity. Relay #2 has a 1 Amp capacity. The relays can be set for timed or latch-on/latch-off toggle operation per each individual entry code. The on or off toggle state of a relay is maintained even after power interruption. When power is restored to the keypad, each relay will assume the state it was in when power was removed.
All system indicators and lights are long-lasting, solid-state LEDs. Two indicators show the status of the entry system. The left indicator lights red to indicate power, then turns green when access is granted. The right indicator lights yellow when the keypad is in lockout condition (from too many incorrect code entries). The keypad’s courtesy light can be programmed to activate indefinitely, or for 1, 2, 3, or 4 minutes after the last key press, or not light at all. An internal sounder beeps when each key is pressed. An internal jumper sets the sounder volume high or low.
The REQUEST-TO-EXIT input can be wired to a pushbutton to provide codeless activation of Main Relay, Auxiliary Relay, Output #3, or Output #4 (programmable) for authorized personnel. The “anti-passback” feature prevents using the same code twice before the programmed time elapses.
The ALARM SHUNT output activates when access is granted. This output can be wired to shunt alarm contacts on the access door/gate to prevent triggering of an alarm when authorized access occurs. Two solid state outputs, capable of switching 100 mA to common, are programmable to signal forced entry, door ajar, lockout, alarm circuit shunting, request-to-enter, and keypad active conditions.
The AK-21 is powered from a 12-24 Volt AC or DC source. Power can be obtained from the access device or a separate power supply. The EEPROM memory retains all entry codes and programming, even without power.
- Self-contained keyless entry system ideal for airports, hospitals, warehouses, office buildings, parking lots, and many other commercial facilities
- Mounts in a single gang electrical box using security screws; tool included
- Four independent outputs and timers: two form C relays and two solid-state open collector outputs with unique programming per entry code
- Up to 480 programmable input codes of one to six digits each for activating either or both relays
- Two LED indicators show system status
- Key operating features include: door sense input; inhibit input; request-to-exit input; alarm shunt output; timed anti-passback; and keypad lockout
- Rugged metal keys
- Built-in LED courtesy lights
- Tactile and audible feedback
- Includes 4 interchangeable decorative bezels
- 3″ W x 5″ H x 3″ D
Order number: ACP00749
||3.0″ W x 5.0″ H x 3.0″ D (76.2 x 127 x 76.2 mm)
||12-24 Volts AC or DC (AC supply must be transformer isolated)
||30 mA typical, 150 mA maximum
||Form “C” 5 Amps @ 28 Volts maximum
||Form “C” 1 Amp @ 28 Volts maximum
|Solid State Outputs:
||Short-to-common 100 mA @ 24 VDC maximum
||-22° F to +149° F (-30° C to +65° C)
||5% to 95% non-condensing