A return authorization number assigned by your Nortek Security & Control (“NS&C”) representative must accompany all returned parts or product. Parts or product that are returned without a return authorization number will not be accepted.
Click here for more information on warranties and returns (.pdf 151KB) Last updated April 30, 2018 (NSC_Warranty_050120181.pdf)
Please note that only the GC2 & GC3 panels and cell radio modules that were sold after 5/1/18 will qualify for the new 3-year warranty. Any product sold prior to 5/1/18 will still be under the original warranty.
Click here for information on our Consumer Retail Warranty. (.pdf 165KB)
Last updated Nov. 3, 2015 (10009884 X1)
Effective immediately, Nortek Security & Control, LLC (formerly known as Linear LLC) will no longer repair out of warranty products.
Customers are encouraged to purchase a replacement product for their needs.
Products under warranty will continue to be covered by our standard warranty and returns policy, outlined below.
For warranty service or returns on Nortek Security & Control / Linear equipment call for an RA Number.
Return Authorization Number (RA#) – call Returns: 1-855-546-3351
All products have Date Code labeling and/or serial number labeling to determine the warranty period.
Dealers and Distributors are required to call Nortek Security & Control to troubleshoot product in question before an RA will be issued. An Application Engineer will troubleshoot and verify the product defect and assign a Troubleshooting Ticket Number. Please note you will be required to provide a current email address.
All defective products returned to NS&C for repair or replacement must first be pre-approved by NS&C Returns and have an assigned RA#; please call NS&C Returns at 855-546-3351 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Dealers and distributors are required to call NS&C, get a Troubleshooting Ticket Number (“TTN”), to speak with an Application Engineer to troubleshoot the problem or issue before an RA will be issued.
Please note NS&C requires the following information to provide you with a TTN.
Applicable 2GIG Products subject to first obtaining a TTN:
(a) 2GIG Panels (GC3 & GC2, CP21, etc.)
(b) 2GIGKey Pads (pad1, TS1, SP1, SP2)
(c) 2GIG Cams
(d) 2GIG Image, 2gig SMKT, 2gig radios, 2gig Thermostat
(e) 2GIG Rely & Vario Panels
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, all defective 2Gig Products will be replaced in lieu of credit. NS&C reserves the right to return products received for repair with new or reconditioned product (see conditions below).
All product returned to NS&C must be pre-approved by a Customer Service Representative and have an RA number assigned to the return. Please call 800-421-1587 or 760-438-7000 and ask to talk to your Customer Service Representative. The following information must also be made available before any RA number is assigned to the return:
1. Customer name
2. Customer’s shipping address (PO Boxes cannot be used)
3. Customer’s telephone number
4. Customer’s contact name
5. The part number(s) being returned
6. The quantity of each item being returned
7. The product’s Date Code. (There is a label on all of NS&C’s product that indicates the date of manufacture of the product. This number displays the month and year that the product was manufactured. For example, the number 1432 indicates a manufacturing date of December 2014 week 32. Products where this number has been removed or altered will be treated as out of warranty.)
8. A Purchase order number. (The customer must issue a Purchase Order Number prior to processing the return).
9. Please note that some products like 2GIG products are not eligible for Overstock returns.