The VMC1 Video Security Intercom system can support up to 20 total stations, including up to 3 Door Stations. This Technical Bulletin will provide instructions on how to best install from 8 to 20 stations in an efficient manner. When utilizing a structured wire enclosure, it is recommended that all accessories relating to VMC1 installed home automation functions also be installed in the enclosure. Key components required are pictured here.
Wiring / Installation Instructions:
- Install Structured Wire Enclosure within 1 to 3 feet of the VMC1 Master. Note that longer distances from the Master may impact the overall performance of the system due to voltage drops and limitations.
- Wire all CAT-5 cables to the 568A standard
- Install one H628 Data Hub for every 8 Room Stations. Note that Door Stations can share the H628 Data hub with Room Stations. When doing this, do not terminate the Orange, Brown and Brown/White wires on the CAT-5 cables going to the Door Stations.
- Connect the Orange Wires from the Door Stations directly to the Master Station as instructed in the Finish-Out Instructions
- Connect the Video Signal Wires from the Video Door Stations directly to the Master Station as instructed in the Finish Out Instructions
- Punch down one CAT-5 cable across all the terminals on each of the H628s required as shown below. Connect to Master as instructed in the Finish-Out Guide.
- Plug the Room Station and Door Station RJ CAT-5 cables into the H628 Data hubs.