The VMC1 Video Security Intercom system can activate a remote door release mechanism from any interior station. This bulletin provides wiring instructions on how to do this using components from Linear. The Remote Door activation can be wired to the individual door stations or to the Master station. Key components required are pictured here.
Wiring / Installation Instructions:
- Install the DRW at the appropriate door location(s).
- Install the auxiliary wire harness to the VMC1VDS as instructed in the Finish-Out Instructions for all appropriate door stations. Proceed to 3a. Skip this step if connecting to the VMC1 Master. Proceed to 3b.
- (a) Connect the Blue wire (12V) from the VMC1VDS to the Red wire (+) on the Relay. Proceed to 4a. OR
(b) Connect the Red wire (+) on the Relay to LOCK O/P COM+ at the Master. Proceed to 4b.
- (a) Connect the White wire (Lock) from the VMC1VDS to the White wire (-) on the Relay. Proceed to step 5. OR
(b) Connect the White wire (-) on the Relay to LOCK O/P LKx at the Master.X represents the appropriate door station; 1, 2 or 3.
- Connect the Blue wire (Common) from the Relay to one of the red wires on the DRW
- Connect the Green wire (Normally Open) from the Relay to one of the yellow wires on the RT35
- Connect the remaining red wire from the DRW to the Yellow/Red wire on the RT35
- Connect the Black and White wires on the RT35 to a 110V power source